Where There is Music, There is Colour

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

West Ed Adventures

Hi Folks!
I am not sure what you did over your break but I had the experience of a lifetime in the West Edmonton Mall Waterpark. Yes... I went on the slide.... that has a flip on it. A waterslide with a flip? What a feat of physics!
It was probably one of the most frightening yet exciting experiences of my life. You climb up a tonne of stairs...step into a small room, the floor comes out from beneath you and whoomp! You get dropped into the tubing of the slide...and it feels as though you are going to drop to the centre of the earth! And down I dropped...screaming (mind you, I normally laugh when I am afraid) with my eyes squeezed shut. You move down the blasted purple plastic tube so fast you don't realize you are upside down in the air...well I guess not in the air, but in the air encased in a plastic tube! And at last, you arrive at the bottom of the slide where you shoot through a shallow pool of water at the slide's base. I don't know if you've ever been on this slide or not, but I felt like a rock skipping on the top of a lake!
And at last, I stood up, holding my beloved green glasses in my hands (I could not find my contacts to wear) and with approximately 500mL more H20 in my body than when I stepped onto the slide. Aside from the dramatic illustrations of the waterslide experience - it was really fun! I do not think, however, that I will be able to work up the nerve to do such a thing again!
I hope you had an excellent school break - and that it was filled with adventure, peace, hope and love.
Blessings!
ER

No comments:

Post a Comment